Cutting meat can be a very annoying endeavor for those who donâ€™t like it.
And if youâ€™re on the other side of the spectrum and already like doing it, then youâ€™ll enjoy it much more when you get the right tools!
An item vital to the meat cutting tasks here is the chopping board. Make no compromises on this.
Buy the best cutting board for meat and vegetables that you can get your hands on. A good board will make your work easier by giving you a solid platform to work on. It will also combat odors and kill germs from leftover food juices.
Well, weâ€™ll talk more in detail about this. Letâ€™s dive into the suggestions that we have for you. Check them out below to see which one suits you best.
We have cutting boards for everyone – we have quality brands and premium brands. Come have a look at our two categories, and see for yourself!
- 1 6 Best Cutting Board Under $50
- 1.1 1. Best Choice: Bambusi Large Carving Moso Bamboo Cutting Board
- 1.2 2. Organic Bamboo Cutting Board with Juice Groove
- 1.3 3. Bambusi Large Cutting Boards with Juice Groove
- 1.4 4. Extra Large Bamboo Cutting Board for Kitchen with Juice Groove
- 1.5 5. Joseph Joseph 60002 Cut & Carve Multi-Function Plastic Cutting Board
- 1.6 6. Freshware Plastic Cutting Board for Kitchen
- 2 4 Cutting Board Above $50
- 2.1 1. John Boos Block BBQBD Reversible Maple Wood Edge BBQ Grain Cutting Board with Juice Groove
- 2.2 2. Totally Bamboo 3-Bowl Bamboo Butcher Block with Stainless Steel Prep Bowls
- 2.3 3. Walnut Wood Cutting Board by Virginia Boys Kitchens
- 2.4 4. Large Reversible Multipurpose Thick Acacia Wood Cutting Board
- 3 What to Look for Before Buying a Cutting Board
- 4 Frequently Asked Questions
- 5 Conclusion
6 Best Cutting Board Under $50
Going economical is always a win. You donâ€™t have to break the bank to cut meat. So, this is our list of the best kitchen cutting boards that are affordable yet easy on your wallet. Check them out and pick one out for yourself.
1. Best Choice: Bambusi Large Carving Moso Bamboo Cutting Board
The material used for making this board is an eco-friendly alternative to plastic. While plastic boards are quite unsanitary, these wooden bamboo boards are antibacterial, and they also inhibit the growth of harmful microbes.
Another important factor here is that these boards don’t give in to the pangs of the sharp knives – this means that there won’t be any grooves left on it when you are done working. They are strong, resilient, and durable.
If you look at the design of this board, you will see that there are several ridges in the center. And if you havenâ€™t used a ridged before, be prepared to fall in love.
They make this wooden slab the best cutting board for raw meat.
These ridges are slightly raised, and that helps them to hold on to the slabs of meat while you get your knife to work on it.
That’s one less distraction to deal with, and it will make your preparation procedure much less of a hassle to deal with.
Another purpose these grooves serve is that they trap the meat juice within the gaps and keep them from flying and spitting all across your kitchen counters. So rest assured, with this board in use, your whole kitchen wonâ€™t be screaming for a chemical wipe down every time you work with raw meat.
Oh, and there’s a surprise at the bottom as well. Well, actually on the flip side. Turn the board over, and you will see that the other side is usable and groove-less. Here, on the flat surface, you can cut all other things like fruit, bread, vegetable and so on.
- Very easy to clean up after work
- Made of 100% low-maintenance bamboo
- Helps you to keep the kitchen neat and clean
- The board has an oil finish on the surface that makes it extra durable
- One side is for meat, and the other side is for cutting greens, bread, etc
- There are grooves all around the ridges for all the meat juices to fall into
- Small ridges in the center keep the meat in place by holding on to it firmly
- The wood cracks after some months of heavy use
2. Organic Bamboo Cutting Board with Juice Groove
This one is a set of three boards that will help you prepare for any occasion, be they big or small. From small chopping tasks to big ones, this set has your back through it all. The best thing about having multiple cutting boards is that one board doesn’t have to take the pressure of all your cutting needs.
You can choose the boards according to your particular needs at particular times, and thus have all the boards last longer. These boards donâ€™t have the fancy ridges on them. So, they wonâ€™t have an extra tenacious grip on the meat, but they can double up as serving trays quite well.
With these elegant boards as the backdrop, you can take nice photographs of your food to boost up social media profiles. This is just an additional advantage, but many people adore it.
As far as their real duty goes, they do quite well on that front as well. The surface is smooth and flat, so the knife doesnâ€™t get stuck in them or leave marks either.
And even though there are no ridges on this board, you will find a deep groove running all along the inner side of the perimeter. The groove lets the juice collect around the corners and doesnâ€™t make a mess on the countertop at all.
And needless to say, this bamboo is all-natural, and so it has antibacterial properties in it to keep all your food preparations healthy and hygienic.
- Easy to clean
- Non-toxic material â€“ doesnâ€™t have any BPA
- Wood is thick enough to resist knife marks
- Bamboo has natural antibacterial properties
- Can be flipped for use as a serving tray as well
- Grooves around the sides to collect the food juices
- Three different sizes of durable boards that last longer
- A very smooth bamboo surface that helps you cut food effortlessly
- There will be tiny little splinters if you use the knife too hard
3. Bambusi Large Cutting Boards with Juice Groove
There are two boards in this set. Both are going to last you so long that you are going to forget to take care of them. But well, we don’t support that, of course. If you take care of them, they could even last you a lifetime. These boards are eco-friendly. They are dense, and they are made to last by the merit of their strength and resilience.
No matter how often you use these boards, they are not going to lose their shine. This is because they are made with only the most organic premium quality of bamboo, which is easy to clean. But more importantly, they do not cling on to the juices of the vegetables and the meat you cut on them.
They have a fine polish on them, which keeps their surface scratch-resistant. This board also has the natural antimicrobial properties of natural bamboo, and so they are much more hygienic than plastic chopping boards.
There is also a groove running all through the inner corners of the board, which holds on to all the juices and keeps the area neat and clean.
Last but not least, these boards are plain, yet quite elegant in appearance. Thus, they will quite nicely double up as serving trays for your guests as well.
- Made of 100% natural bamboo
- High quality and free of harmful BPA
- These boards repel odors by killing off bacteria
- Safer and much more hygienic than the plastic cutting board
- Contains grooves to keep the juices from trickling down
- Set contains two elegant boards that can be interchangeably used as serving trays as well
- Snaps into two after a few uses
4. Extra Large Bamboo Cutting Board for Kitchen with Juice Groove
If you have had boards that snapped into two while you were prepping your meal for the day, then we invite you to drop your fears and look at this large cutting board made of all-natural bamboo.
By all means, let us tell you that this board is not going to snap on you. The guarantee of this is lent by the unique 3-layered subsections that were implemented in the construction of this board.
The subsections are neatly layered upon each other, which gives them an edge over other cutting boards.
But if you inspect closely, you’ll be even more assured by seeing that cross-sectional plywood has been used to make them. Cross-grained wood, in general, is much more resilient to splintering, shrinkage, expansion, and breakage. Thus, you can expect this board to last.
Oh, and you will get only one board here. This is not a set with differently sized subpar boards, but it is a solid one-piece deal that is made to keep you happy for many long years.
Also, in terms of size, this board is of the most comfortable dimensions. It is not too big to keep on standard countertops and not too small either. The size, as many would say, is just right.
This board also looks a bit different than the other regular boards. It has a darker panel on the side, which gives it a step-up over the other boring one-toned boards in the market.
- Doubles up as an elegant food tray
- Sustainable, reliable and long-lasting
- has been built to withstand repetitive knife pangs
- Grooves around the edges hold into about 2 ounces of fluid
- 3 layers of plywood subsections have been used to make this
- Cross-grained wood that has been used is much more resilient by nature
- All natural construction â€“ no harmful chemicals has been used in its making
- Not safe for dishwasher
- Forms molds if not cleaned regularly after use
5. Joseph Joseph 60002 Cut & Carve Multi-Function Plastic Cutting Board
This cutting board is made with high-performance heavy-duty plastic. This is for all those people who have had a few too many wooden cutting boards snap into two before their eyes and can no longer trust wood.
If you are coming from non-durable cutting boards, then this could just be your final stop. This one is arguably the best meat cutting board as long as a plastic board is concerned.
First of all, let us assure you that this board is not made from regular plastic. It is made from a heavy plastic that cannot be broken by the force of a knife. This board is just like the bamboo boards we have discussed above, in the way that it can serve as a food tray as well.
Yes, this is a multi-functional dishwasher safe board. One side has ridges in the center to hold on to the meat while you cut it. The surfaces angle upwards from all directions and form a barrier to prevent the meat juice from flowing over. If you flip it, you will find the other side to be completely flat and just right for holding all the vegetables and fruits for you to cut.
Oh, and don’t worry, the edges won’t cut you – they have a soft-grip material over them. The whole surface on both sides of the board is non-slip; they make your life easier by making the board easy to clean with a simple rub down.
- Doesnâ€™t break from repeated use
- Serves as a tray as well as a chopping board
- can be put into the dishwasher for a thorough clean up
- Easy to clean because of the non-stick, non-slip surface
- Can hold the fluids in to keep the countertop neat and clean
- Has ridges in the middle to hold on to the meat as you cut it
- Three of the sides are slightly raised and cased within a soft-grip material
- Youâ€™ll see a lot of deep knife scratches on it
- Unhygienic because the deep cuts may hold onto some of the food juices
6. Freshware Plastic Cutting Board for Kitchen
Okay, weâ€™re back to the bamboo boards. The advantage of a bamboo chopping board is that it is more organic and much more sanitary than boards that are made of plastic. In this set, you are going to get not one but three boards of different sizes.
The winning side to having multiple boards is that you can use each of the boards for different purposes, and in that way, the boards will last longer.
These boards are made of all-natural bamboo that resists water absorption, and also repels food juices owing to the shiny polish on its surface.
Also, the knife won’t be leaving its marks on the surface, and so the boards will look fresh even if they have been in use for a long time.
No harmful chemicals went into the making of these boards, and this bamboo is completely free of BPA because the wood is completely natural.
The bamboo has antimicrobial properties in it. Thus, you can rely on it for your food safety because even if the food juices get stuck in the wood, they will be neutralized by the natural enzymes that kill germs.
Cleaning the board is super simple as well. Just use the regular soap and water, and then wipe it down dry.
In case of storage, there is a small grip on the bigger boards by which you can hang them up on the walls. The overall appearance is clean enough to be used as serving trays for your food photography or even for guests.
- Easy to clean with soap and water
- Serve as trays and also as chopping boards
- Has handles on them for easy grip and storage
- Three boards of different sizes for convenience
- The bamboo has antimicrobial properties that kill off germs
- Starts to splinter too quickly
- Boards are quite thin and not too sturdy
4 Cutting Board Above $50
Okay, if you want to invest a bit more on your kitchen tools, then we think thatâ€™s an excellent idea! Investments in the right places will always go a long way. So, here are our special suggestions for you.
1. John Boos Block BBQBD Reversible Maple Wood Edge BBQ Grain Cutting Board with Juice Groove
Some very crafty people have gotten their heads together and created this chic cutting board with the harder of the hard maple woods. And not just any maple wood here, oh no. Special Northern Hard Rock Maple Wood has been used, which is, inarguably, one of the finest materials that there ever was for making such cutting boards.
If you want fine tools in the kitchen, then this board will make your eyebrows go up in admiration. The board can be used on both sides as all the other boards in this list. But what’s amazing about this is the dimensions that it has been cut in.
Most significantly, this board is about 12 inches wide and has a breadth of about 1.5 inches. Owing to the dimensions and the quality of the board, it is unlikely that it will ever break under any sort of pressure. The board has a natural resilience about it, which makes it the best large cutting board for meat.
The center rectangle is quite a bit raised, and along the sides of it runs a deep groove. All the juices from the meat will trickle down into this groove, and your kitchen will never get splattered with food fluids that cause odors to form.
Moreover, this maple wood has enzymes that kill off bacteria. This will help the board to clean itself and sanitize itself overnight after a dayâ€™s work.
Oh, and we want to end by saying that you need to give this board an oil rub every 4 weeks so that it stays true to its natural shine and quality for years.
- Very durable and long-lasting
- Made of premium quality special maple wood
- The thick wood doesnâ€™t let juices get soaked into it
- Easy to clean with a regular soft cloth and hot water
- Has antibacterial enzymes that keep the board sanitary
- Has handles that give a tight grip on it and help to store the board
- Not intended for dishwashers
- The board has uneven surfaces
2. Totally Bamboo 3-Bowl Bamboo Butcher Block with Stainless Steel Prep Bowls
Well, we hope you can tell from the name. But this board doesn’t come alone. No, sir. This is not just a regular plain old cutting board, it is modern, and it has additional features to prove its efficiency.
At first glance, you will see three small bowls bored into the board. The small bowls are actually prepping bowls where you can store your vegetables after they are cut. If you want to watch TV while cutting your fruits and vegetables for the next big salad in the meal, then this is the board for you. It is quite a self-sufficient system.
The bowls are all made of stainless steel, and there is no chance that they will get any rust on them.
Another amazing way to use this board is to use it for serving your appetizers. You will notice that the small parquet patterns on the wood give this board an elegance that looks good both in the kitchen as well as on the dining table.
The bowls can hold all your special sauces and keep the whole arrangement looking quite very neat overall.
The parquet is, however, not only good-looking, but it is quite beneficial too. The grain patterns on it are really extraordinary for kitchen knife-work. They give a solid surface to the board, which will help you to make precise cuts on the meat.
- Easy to clean with a damp cloth
- Made of organic and renewable Moso bamboo
- Doubles up as an elegant serving tray with dip bowls in it
- The underside has anti-skid feet to give the board a solid footing
- 3 small stainless steel bowl built-in for keeping the sliced up food
- The zigzag wood grains make the board ideal for some very precise cuts
- Has a unique parquet pattern that looks good in the kitchen and the dining table
- The bowls are put into place a bit too loosely
3. Walnut Wood Cutting Board by Virginia Boys Kitchens
If you are looking to give yourself a treat, then this chopping board could really make sense to you.
The first impression you will have about this board is that it is a luxury kitchen item meant to be kept in display for all visiting guests to see. It has a rich brown textured appearance, which is never going to go out of season. On the contrary, it is a board that will last you longer and keeps looking better as it ages.
This makes a perfect serving tray as well. It can be used on special occasions for serving food to the guests and making your dishes look extra appetizing.
If you are particularly looking to make chicken recipes, you will be happy to know that this is the best cutting board for chicken.
And you will also be quite relieved to know that you wonâ€™t be spoiling these good looks by using it as a chopping board. One side of this board has a deep groove along its sides, and this side can be used for all the rigorous meat cutting.
While the other side can either be used for veggies or just for serving food – the choice is yours.
The amazing quality of the board is that it keeps your knife sharp. The special walnut grains are quite soft, and yet they are rigid – the texture works well with the blade of knives and saves them from getting blunt over time.
- One side has grooves in it to hold juices in
- Contains antimicrobial enzymes that ward off germs
- High-quality premium wood that is very durable and strong
- Looks amazing and can also work as serving trays in parties
- The wood is non-porous and doesnâ€™t let the juices get soaked in
- Very special walnut wood with soft grains on it that protect knives
- Gets warped as water affects the thickness of its wood
4. Large Reversible Multipurpose Thick Acacia Wood Cutting Board
Here we have our last beautiful high-end cutting board. But hey, it’s definitely not the least important though. This board is as versatile, multifunctional, and long-lasting as boards can get.
It has the elegant design, the chic wood patterns on it, and it is also quite a thick board to damage. The board is a good 1.5 inches thick, and it is the best cutting board for meat and vegetables alike. There is no going wrong with this board.
It looks absolutely premium with its Acacia wood, which is known for being extra resistant to scratching knives. This wood is quite expensive, but it has properties that make it really worth the money. It is a wood that will not warp. Nor will it be kind to fungus and bacteria.
With this wood, there is no going past cleanliness. This wood has such a high density and hardness that it becomes quite impossible for any juices to get into its grains. The wood maintains its shape no matter how much water it is around.
If you can maintain it properly, this chopping board will be the last one you buy. You will be able to pass it to generations down to the line, and it would still make everyone happy.
- Can be used on both sides
- Very thick and resilient to damage
- Big enough to carve large slabs of meat
- No bacteria or fungus can live on this wood
- Has deep grooves to catch all the oozing liquid in it
- Looks beautifully rich with its elegant patterns of a brown hue
- Includes handle on the sides that make it easy to carry around in parties
- Built with a rectangular opening in it to hold and store the meat and veggies
- Despite the companyâ€™s claims, there will be knife cuts on the wood
What to Look for Before Buying a Cutting Board
If you are looking for chopping boards, you need to know how to inspect them properly. In this guide, weâ€™ll show you exactly that.
The material of the Board
This is the most important factor to consider because it is just what the board is all about. The material has to be resilient to the heavy pangs that are caused by all the knife action. There are three types of materials, and they all have different effects.
Wooden cutting board: The wood board the most reliable because they can absorb all the damage from knives and, for a long time, mend themselves with their enzymatic actions.
Bamboo cutting board: These are lightweight and quite durable, but their biggest advantage is that they can hold onto their original shape and stay in use for many months.
Plastic cutting board: The plastic board is compact, cheap, and quite easy to clean. They also never absorb food juices, which is why they last longer as well.
Some boards are more hygienic than others. In this case, as well, it’s a matter of what materials have been used.
But remember that wooden boards and bamboo boards both have antimicrobial and antibacterial properties, which help to keep the boards fresh over time.
Plastic boards, on the other hand, being synthetic, are quite dead in this area. They can’t keep themselves sanitized. They have to be cleaned externally.
Some boards need more care than others.
Plastic boards are the easiest to clean. You have to use some chlorine-based solvents to wipe them down with a clean damp cloth after every use and voila, all done.
In the case of wooden and bamboo boards, you need to give them a vegetable oil rub every once in a while to help maintain their quality and properties. As for regular cleaning, using warm water and soap will do.
Ridges On Meat Cutting Boards
If you are looking for boards to cut meat on, then you should definitely look at boards with a patch of raised ridges in the center.
Although flat boards work well, ridged boards are more convenient because they hold onto the meat to keep it from slipping, thus letting you have a better handle on your cutting task.
Grooves On All Cutting Boards
A groove is a narrow incision that goes all around the inner edges of the cutting board. These grooves are a path for all the food juices to fall into. All boards, whether they be for meat or for fruit, should have grooves.
They hold the juices in their place and help to keep kitchen countertops tidy.
Frequently Asked Questions
Plastic, because they are easier to clean regularly.
Absolutely not! Only plastic can be treated in a dishwasher. Wood and bamboo need manual hand care.
First, use hot soapy water on a damp cloth to give it a rub down. Then wash that off with some chlorine solution.
You can use any mineral oil or beeswax.
You can’t, because they may not be harmful to your health but will certainly discolor your boards and ruin their shine.
If youâ€™ve found the best cutting board for meat and vegetables from our list, we hope you have paid attention to the cleaning practices it requires. Keep in mind, cutting boards are used repeatedly, and so they can contaminate a lot of your meals if they aren’t maintained properly.
To ensure that your boards last long, you have to take care of them daily. If thatâ€™s done, the rest should be easy. So, have fun getting chop-chop with all the meat and veggies in the house. Wish you a lot of successful recipes and meals in the future. Best of luck!